Father’s Day weekend the South Shore Art Center , local churches and businesses come together to put on the Arts Festival. Don’t miss this event if getting here is possible. However, if you can’t come here check out other festivals where you live. I am fortunate to reside in the Cohasset, MA, location of the Arts Festival.
Why attend the Arts Festival?
- It’s family friendly;
- The predicted weather is perfect for an outdoor event;
- Cohasset is a picturesque, quintessential, New England town complete with village green and white steepled church;
- The festival is a short walk from Cohasset Harbor (see lead photo);
- Take a moment either leaving Cohasset or getting here to drive along the scenic ocean roads;
- Lobster rolls and strawberry shortcake are available in case you get a little peckish; and
- Then there is art. Art to view and art to buy.
Can you add to my reasons for attending arts festivals? What draws you to them?
To the Arts Festival
I am fortunate to have two artworks on display. One is Sunrise Over the Gulf River. This will be in the main tent. It was juried into the Arts Festival exhibit.
The other piece on display is Sunrise Over the Atlantic. This is included in the member’s exhibition housed at the South Shore Art Center. The SSAC is one block from the festival.
I did make some progress with Bat Sh*t Crazy and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week. Fingers crossed, I will be able to share Bat Sh*t Crazy’s finished top next week. It is so, so close to being done.
I’m linking up to the following posts: